Controllers of Personal Information and Processing Parties
What we collect
When you use our sites or services we may collect and store the following personal information:
• your email address, physical contact information, location, postal and other information you provide to advertise or rent a property.
• content you generate or upload or that relates to your account.
• information based on your activities on the sites including properties viewed, properties booked and login activity.
• emails, correspondence sent through our sites, and correspondence sent to us.
• other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites and users IP addresses.
• information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself.
What we do with the information we gather
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share your email address with selected third parties if you have selected the "I give consent for my email address to be used for marketing purposes by selected third parties" option at registration. Third parties are obliged to provide you with the opportunity to be removed from their email marketing contact lists. We may combine your information with information on other users and information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our content, services and advertising. Your information may be aggregated at postcode or other levels for the building of statistical and analytical tables but at no time will your data be individually identifiable in such tables. The resulting anonymised tables may be disclosed to third parties. We collect information in order to ensure that RentalTrips functions effectively and securely as a place for people to buy from, and sell to, each other. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
• perform day to day administration of our sites.
• maintain and improve the performance and functionality of our sites.
• diagnose and correct technical issues.
• prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and detect fraud.
• tailor and target our services and advertising.
• compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
When you buy or sell on RentalTrips we may disclose some, or all, of the following personal information to the respective buyer or seller in order to facilitate transactions.
• user name
• email address(s)
• financial information (PayPal email address and/or bank account details)
• postal address
• phone number
• contact information
• other information that you share
We may also share your personal information with:
• other RentalTrips users worldwide.
• other websites operated by RentalTrips Ltd in order to automatically register you or allow you to login to new services.
• law enforcement, government officials or third parties in response to a valid request such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form relating to criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose us or you to legal liability.
• sub contractors whom we may enlist to support our business operations. Their handling of your personal information would be restricted by a suitable confidentiality agreement.
• rights owners in connection with a specific investigation into piracy, fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe appropriate.
• third parties that you explicitly request us to send your information.
Cookies we currently use:
|PLAY_SESSION||Contains security authentication data.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports on general user traffic, conversion statistics and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information anonymously.|
This list may be subject to change.
Changing Your Personal Information
You can access and edit most of your personal information using the "My Profile" page. We reserve the right to manually modify your personal information but will only do so in rare cases or at your request. You must ensure that your personal information is up to date. You must provide a valid PayPal email address and/or bank details at all times. Upon your request, via the "Contact Us" page, we will deactivate your account. Your personal information may take some time to be removed and we may retain personal information from closed accounts.
Sellers may have the option to include a URL to an external website in their listing. RentalTrips is not responsible for the content of external websites and does not have any control over them. These links are followed at the users own risk. A URL link included in a listing to an external website from RentalTrips should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site's owners or their products, services or content. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the UK but may be transferred to servers overseas in the future. By using RentalTrips, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of the United Kingdom. We take data security seriously and take steps to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However the internet is not 100% secure and so third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications or site databases, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, despite our best endeavours to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. We use many security measures to protect our sites however no internet connected site can be assured to be totally secure and immune from abuse by third parties.